Environmental policy statement
Despite Railwayscenics being a small business we recognise that our operations have an affect on the local, regional and global environment, and will try where possible to reduce our carbon footprint.
As part of our continual drive for quality in all things we do, we have developed a comprehensive policy statement that will enable us to set targets by which our efforts towards sustainable environmental improvement can be measured and monitored regularly.
In particular Railwayscenics will:
- support and comply with, or exceed, the requirements of current environmental legislation and codes of practice.
- use energy and natural resources efficiently and to reduce consumption where possible.
- conserve and protect the environment and, wherever possible, improve it through the services we provide.
- not handle, keep, store or produce waste other than standard workshop, store and office waste.
- promote recycling and the use of recycled materials, while reducing consumption of materials whenever possible.
- ensure waste paper and packaging materials are kept separate and contain no contaminate or pollutant requiring additional environmental disposal.
- ensure printer cartridges are recycled and disposed of separately through an authorised recycling source.
- be committed to reducing waste where possible and recycling or reusing all waste items where practicable.
- work with our suppliers to ensure they recognise and reduce the environmental impact of their products and transportation.
Environmentally preferable products
Environmentally preferable products are ones that are less harmful to human health and the environment when compared with competing products that serve the same purpose.
They should be:
- Fit for the purpose and provide value for money.
- Energy and resource efficient.
- Made using the minimum use of virgin materials.
- Made using the maximum use of post consumer materials.
- Non (or reduced) polluting.
- Durable, easily upgraded and repairable.
- Reusable and recyclable.
We will continually review this Environmental Policy to check it is up to date and to make sure we are looking at new areas where improvements can be made.