It is possible for your order to include multiple downloads, and also a mix of
virtual and physical products all within the same shopping cart. Please ensure that
your cart only contains one of each downloadable product as we do not offer refunds if two
or more items of the same download are purchased together.
On each of the download product pages there is a few sentences which state "You agree that adding this product to your cart will allow us to supply the download during the legal 14 day cooling off period and you acknowledge that your right to cancel the contract will be lost with this consent to start the supply of the digital content. DO NOT add this to your cart if you do not agree to this." This has been added because from the 13th June 2014 the Consumer Contracts Regulations, which implement the Consumer Rights Directive in UK law, came into effect. These regulations apply to items bought online, at a distance, or away from a traders premises. They replace the Distance Selling Regulations and Doorstep Selling Regulations. They also make it an obligation for traders to give consumers certain information. They also now include download or virtual products not supplied on a physical media. The regulations want us to sell downloads, but not to send them within the 14 days cooling off period, which seems silly when customers want an immediate download. This small bit of text gives us the ability to allow you to download the items as soon as you have paid for them on the understanding that you will not ask to cancel the order once you have received it.
All of our download products have a time limit and a download quantity restriction limit. You have 21 days and 3 clicks on the download button before the download will be disabled. If this happens, and in these time limits you have not managed to save a copy of your download to your computer, please contact us by email, and we will reset your download links. Should you still be having problems, we will send you a copy by email.
All of our download files are made using an image. This does mean that on some of the files a repetitive pattern is more obvious than on others. We have tried to reduce this effect as much as we can, but on some it can still be seen. It is worse on some than on others, especially in the smaller scales. We are in the process of working through all the download files and updating and improving them but you can imagine that with over 500 files to update this is taking a lot longer than hoped.
We protect all of our download files by locking them from any alterations. We do not disclose the passwords to anyone so please do not ask. This is done to secure out Intellectual Property and any Copyright that we have. We hope that you find this acceptable and understand the reasons for this.
Our download files are sent as a zipped folder. That folder contains the
actual download file, or files, in PDF format plus any other files which may be
included such as a help file or instructions in the case of our kits. This does
mean that additional software may be required, depending on your devices system,
to unzip, open and view these files. In most cases this software is available
free of charge, but you do have to use a search engine to find it. To unzip the
file there are programs such as Winzip, 7zip and Peazip. There are others. To
view the files once unzipped you can use Adobe reader or other PDF reader programs.
No refunds will be given if you say you do not have the required additional software after you have downloaded the files.
The question we get asked most is "How do I get my downloads?"
The system used by the website is not that complicated, and if used correctly your downloads are available immediately on return to the website after making your payment. The biggest reason for not getting downloads is not returning to the website once payment has been made. In other words, customer operator error.
1. From the download product page, add the items you require to your cart by
clicking on the ADD TO CART button.
2. Once you have finished adding items you wish to purchase go to the SHOPPING CART page.
3. Click on the CHECKOUT button.
4. You will then be asked to login, or register. If you are not already registered, you will have to complete the registration form to login. Once completed you will be returned to the checkout page. If you have previously registered, you will be asked to enter you login information. Once you have done this, you will be returned to the checkout page.
5a. If your order only includes free downloads you will skip straight to the ORDER CONFIRMATION page.
5b.If your order contains only paid for downloads you will be taken to the PAYMENT page where PayPal should be the only option. Select the payment method, and click the CONTINUE CHECKOUT button. You will then be sent to the ORDER CONFIRMATION page.
5c. If your order contains a mix of free and paid for products and downloads, you will be taken to the SHIPPING selection page where you should select your required shipping method. Then click the CONTINUE CHECKOUT button. You will then be on the PAYMENT page where you should select your required payment method. Once selected, click the CONTINUE CHECKOUT button. You will then be sent to the ORDER CONFIRMATION page.
6. Now on the ORDER CONFIRMATION page, read the information there and if correct, click on the LEGAL AGREEMENTS checkbox and finally click on the CONFIRM ORDER AND PAY button.
7a. If you use PayPal to pay for your downloads you will be taken from the website to the PayPal page where you can pay using any debit or credit card. Once the PayPal payment is complete, please ensure that you return to our website by either clicking the return to website link, or wait for PayPal to automatically redirect you, to download your purchases. Closing your browser prior to returning to our site will mean that your order may not have been completed correctly and your download links may not be generated automatically.
7b. If you use the Stripe payment system there will be a page where you can enter your card information on the website. Once the information is entered correctly click on the FINALISE AND PAY button. You will then be directed to the ORDER COMPLETE page.
8. The final page is the ORDER COMPLETE page where you should see details about your order, and at the bottom of the page should be your download buttons and links. Click on the DOWNLOAD BUTTON, or the HIGHLIGHTED TEXT link, and an option box to save or open the download file will open. Select the save option and save the file to a place on your computer where you know they are for future use.
Should you not return to the Railwayscenics web page, your downloads are
still available in your Railwayscenics account. To access your account please follow these simple steps.
1. Near the top of the page in the right hand corner there is a button labelled MY PROFILE. Click this button and a drop down list appears and click on the MY ORDERS link. If you are not logged in, you will be taken to the login page. Enter your details and a new page MY ORDER HISTORY opens. If you are already logged in you should have been taken straight to the MY ORDER HISTORY page.
2. Once into your account click on the VIEW (EYE) button next to the order you wish to see, in the overview area.
3. The ORDER INFORMATION page opens where all the order details can be seen. Near the bottom of the page there should be all the download links. Click the DOWNLOAD button to receive the download you require. An options box should open allowing you to save the file to your computer. Save the file to your computer.